新傳網 SY MediaLab Big Data [ SY MLBD ]
Purpose of the Project
Steps to collect data:
- Search SY MediaLab Big Data (SYMLBD) to download the app from App Store or Google Play;
- Register with your email;
- Get a code from SYMLBD reply email (check also Trash / Spam mailbox);
- Key in the code to start;
- Remember to turn on GPS;
- See what people are using, choose one from the eight application icons;
- If you want to change, press the icon again to remove it;
- Collect up to 5 data, press Next;
- Select Context from the list, click Submit; and
- You can see a note that the data is sent, you can start again for the next round.
- Collect data only if you do not disturb people;
- Data collection do not involve any personal identity to keep data anonymous;
- There would be auto check to remind you to turn on GPS, to inform you to download the latest version of the app, to notify if the data is sent;
- If you have an earlier version, you need to uninstall the old one first;
- The code is matched with your email. If you use the same email to register, you will always receive the same code.
- Multi-tasking: If a person texts and listens to music at the same time, we count this situation as ” texting” instead of “listening”;
- Watching video on social media: Count it as “social media” but not “watching video”.
- Realtime chart - http://www.symedialab.org.hk/symlbd/rt-chart.php
- Download raw data – will be available soon
- For enquiry about the project, please email at: email@example.com
How to cite: SY MediaLab (2016). SY MediaLab Big Data Project, Department of Journalism and Communication, Hong Kong Shue Yan University. Retrieved from http://www.symedialab.org.hk/symlbd/index.html